Other Courses Available
Health and Safety Standards
Health and Safety Standards is a stand-alone course focusing on core competencies around the safe use, care and storage of chemicals, equipment and materials.
The course complies with requirements from both the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 and the Resource Management Act 1991. It incorporates core skills such as chemical competency, safe use and care of equipment, storage of equipment and chemicals, and best practice cross contamination control using colour-coded cleaning systems.
This course is the mandatory annual training undertaken by all CrestClean franchisees to provide knowledge in the latest equipment, cleaning and hygiene techniques.
Hard Floor Care
Hard Floor Care training courses include practical training in buffing, scrubbing, burnishing, stain removal, stripping and polishing.
Introduction to Floor Care Module 1 and 2 (1 day course )
- Safe use and care of equipment. (including pads and chemicals)
- Includes scrubbing and buffing floors.
- Assessment to be held at the end of day 1 and will consist of a practical demonstration and questionnaire.
- Trainer/Assessor will judge competency. If competency is not achieved then the candidate cannot move on to Floor Care Module 2 and will not be allowed to carry out scrubbing and buffing unless supervised by a competent person.
Floor Care Module 3 (2 Day course)
- Will include stripping and preparing of floors, includes laying minimum 5 layers of sealer and polish.
- Trainer/Assessor will judge competency. If competency is not achieved then the candidate will not be allowed to carry out stripping and polishing unless supervised by a competent person.
- Assessment will consist of a practical demonstration and questionnaire, including a Maintaining Floor assessment to be held at end of day 2.
First Aid Awareness
This is a half-day introductory course for practical First Aid and emergency readiness. It provides training to be able to identify and assess potential hazards and provide First Aid treatment for common accidents and medical emergencies including slips, trips, falls, shocks, seizures, burns and bleeding.